What is the difference between QA service and QC service?
QA – Quality Assurance
The QA service is a proactive activity to determine the development of an event yourself through advance planning and targeted action.
- preparing of inspection and test plans (ITP)
- preparing of work- and/or test-instructions
- establishing of basics regarding standards
- training of personnel regarding specific requirements
QC – Quality Control
The QC service is a reactive activity and is intended to ensure compliance with the set quality levels or quality requirements, which e.g. as part of the QA service.
- check whether the test steps of an ITP have been followed
- if necessary, performing NDE yourself
- check of reports, extent of examinations
- verification of test results
- reproducibility check
- check of certificates (welder, NDE examiner)
- check of welding procedure qualification, welding procedure specification
- dimensional check and visual check