Do you employ NDT Personnel as an employer?
If yes, then ISO 9712 for the qualification and certification of nondestructive testing personnel imposes certain requirements and tasks on you as an employer.
Employer: Organization for which the candidate regulary works.
Responsibilities of the employer are defined under point 5.5 of ISO 9712. In 5.5.3 there is a requirement that the employer is responsible for the following points with regard to the certified personnel:
- Everything that concerns the authorization for the examination, provide job-specific training, for example
- Issue a company authorization in written form
- the results of NDE-Activities
- ensuring that the vision examination requirements are met annually
- confirmation of ongoing activity in the application of the NDE Method without interrupted service
- ensuring that the NDE Personnel have valid certificates that are relevant to their responsibilities within the organization
- the storage of adequate evidence.
ISO 9712 recommends documenting these responsibilities in a process description.
The ISO 9712 certification is a confirmation of the general competence of the NDE Examiner. It is in no way a company authorization!
This authorization is the responsibility of the employer, since the certified examiner may have additional special knowledge, such as about equipment, NDT process descriptions, materials and / or products as well as knowledge of relevant industrial regulations, standards or approval criteria for the products to be tested.
Do you have any questions regarding the implementation of these requirements?
Please talk to us!